Should hope evade you, remember that..
February 20, 2014 § Leave a comment
To everything there’s a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
I tend to think of hope in association with the above & define it as being an active belief, trust & confidence in the future. It’s an important aspect of my personal faith and is a means whereby all goals / dreams / wishes are realised.
What hope isn’t…
The principle of hope is rarely mentioned or regarded as an important part of ‘secular’ learning – meaning that it is neither taught at school (as an essential part of character development) nor is it a widely referred topic in women’s magazines. Hope is not fear. It cannot be given to you or feigned. Hope is not passive; who here thinks that your life doesn’t require your very best efforts? No one! It’s the same principle with hope. You need to actively work at it & value the effects it can have within your life.
– Complimented & accompanied my faith in God.
– Cultivated further hope, happiness & joy (my cup runneth over).
– Provided peace.
– Given me courage to continue hoping when everything contradicts that hope.
– Soothed through bereavement (which spanned two decades).
– Blessed me with the strength to endures life’s difficulties.
– Helped maintain personal perspective.
– Enabled me to be successful in fulfilling personal goals & – therefore to feeling fulfilled.
– Helped me act with certainty.
So, ‘nil desperandum’. Harness your fears & replace them with hope instead.